saugisuccess.limitcorp@gmail.com My Account | Sign out
Google - Blogger  

Help forumFeed Feed

Help forum > Blogger > Something is Broken > My reader can't post a comment on my blog
 
Another discussion addresses this question.
 

 My reader can't post a comment on my blogReport abuse

jinky.flaviano
Level 1
6/24/09
Hello,
I was informed by my reader that they can't post a comment on my blogger site.  When they click the link POST COMMENT, no comment form appear, but it didn't return any error code.
here is my blog
http://lifeasastitcher.blogspot.com
I would very much appreciate if you can help me out resolve this problem as soon as possible.
Thank you

Best answers

aizrh88
Level 1
9/19/09
Popular answerGo to this answer
A'kum..
  I've had the same problem with my third party blog templates ( 3 Column Blogger template 'Pepper' ) .  When I press the comment button , nothing happen .
Anyway here is the fix . Go to the settings ,then click on "Comments" and change the "comment form placement" to "pop-up window". Your reader
have to publish their comments on separate window . Hope this help.
158 of 180 people found this answer helpful. Did you?
Yes
No
 
Report abuse

Replies 1 - 30 of 30

Mishka
Top Contributor
Official Blog*Star
6/24/09
We need to know exactly how you have your comments set up and what system the reader is accessing your blog from (browser, OS, location, etc)...

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/blogger/thread?tid=0a19fc2579739831&hl=en
6 of 23 people found this answer helpful. Did you? 
Yes
No
Report abuse
jinky.flaviano
Level 1
6/24/09
what do you mean set up? here is the setup of my comments settings.  I suspect may it has something to do with the embedded option?  How do I enable post pages?
Comments Show HideNote: Selecting "Hide" does not delete existing comments - You can show them at any time by re-selecting "Show".
Who Can Comment? Anyone - includes Anonymous Users
Registered Users - includes OpenID
Users with Google Accounts
Only members of this blog Comment Form Placement
Full page
Pop-up window
Embedded below post
The embedded comment form can not be used if you have Post Pages disabled.
Comments Default for Posts New Posts Have Comments New Posts Do Not Have Comments Backlinks Show HideBacklinks enable you to keep track of other pages on the web that link to your posts. Learn more
Note: Selecting "Hide" does not delete backlinks - You can show them at any time by re-selecting "Show".
Backlinks Default for Posts New Posts Have Backlinks New Posts Do Not Have Backlinks Comments Timestamp Format
Wednesday, June 24, 2009 3:55:05 AM AST June 24, 2009 3:55:05 AM AST June 24, 2009 3:55 AM Jun 24, 2009 3:55:05 AM 3:55:05 AM 3:55 AM 6/24/09 3:55 AM 6/24/2009 3:55 AM 6/24/2009 03:55:05 AM 6/24/2009 3:55 AM 3:55 AM AST 3:55 AM, June 24, 2009 3:55:05 AM 03:55 June 24, 2009 June 24, 2009 3:55 AM Wednesday, June 24, 2009 Wednesday, June 24, 2009 3:55:05 AM Wed Jun 24, 03:55:05 AM AST Wed Jun 24, 03:55:05 AM Wed Jun 24, 03:55:05 AM 2009 24.6.09 24/6/09 24/6/09 03:55 24/6/09 3:55 AM Wednesday, 24 June, 2009 24 June, 2009 03:55 24 June, 2009 Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Comment Form Message
You can use some HTML tags, such as<b>, <i>, <a>
Comment moderation
Always
Only on posts older than days


 my reader uses FF and IE, OS - Windows and Mac., location actually all over the world...
1 of 13 people found this answer helpful. Did you? 
Yes
No
Report abuse
acmeplant
Level 1
6/24/09
I've experienced the same problem, unable to post comments at http://nycgarden.blogspot.com/.  I'm able to post on other blogger blogs, and my own blogger blogs are working fine.  I've spoken with the blog owner, and he isn't aware of any problems.  I've tried posting via my Google Account and with Name/URL.  In both cases, when I select Post Comment, the comment disappears.  I'm on a MacBook Pro, OS 10.5.7.  I use Firefox as my browser.  Both I and the blog owner are in New York City.  Any suggestions?
8 of 12 people found this answer helpful. Did you? 
Yes
No
Report abuse
gotcorgi
Level 1
6/24/09
I have the same problem that acmeplant has on some of my friends Blogger blogs.  http://wagsnwoofs.blogspot.com/ would be one example of a blog I cannot post a comment to.  
2 of 4 people found this answer helpful. Did you? 
Yes
No
Report abuse
sandysuecarter
Level 1
6/24/09
We just created our blog and our readers can't make comments nor can we see our followers. Pleas help. With so many points I am starting to think it is a server problem. Thank you for your assistance. 

Sandy Sue
7 of 7 people found this answer helpful. Did you? 
Yes
No
Report abuse
sandysuecarter
Level 1
6/24/09
By the way this is happening both on our pc and our mac.  I meant posts above.  I am sure google is working on this. I hope!!! 
2 of 2 people found this answer helpful. Did you? 
Yes
No
Report abuse
-emnj-
Level 1
7/1/09
I have the same thing happening with my blog as well.  This is happening on IE 6, 7, and 8,  I am also unable to post to anyone elses blog.  My comments are wide open so anyone can make a post.
3 of 3 people found this answer helpful. Did you? 
Yes
No
Report abuse
-emnj-
Level 1
7/1/09
I found the fix from another thread, cant remember who it was from but this fixed it for me.
 
I had the same problem, even though I had the option checked for people to be able to leave comments. I went to my Layout Settings, then "Edit HTML," and clicked the "Revert widget templates to default" underneath the text box. That took care of my problem...hope it works for you too!
118 of 145 people found this answer helpful. Did you?
Yes
No
 
Report abuse
Vin
Top Contributor
Official Blog*Star
7/18/09
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/blogger/thread?tid=06703b904e4fe8e0&hl=en&fid=06703b904e4fe8e000046eee91661c2c
.
1 of 2 people found this answer helpful. Did you? 
Yes
No
Report abuse
talina91
Level 1
8/19/09
I used the solution provided by -emnj- and it worked fine. Thanks!
I only wish I could use a more expressive template :)
2 of 3 people found this answer helpful. Did you? 
Yes
No
Report abuse
EK626
Level 1
8/20/09
oh why couldn't I have found this three days ago.  I posted a whole new topic for it too.  :) I tried it and it helped thank you so much. 
1 of 2 people found this answer helpful. Did you? 
Yes
No
Report abuse
aizrh88
Level 1
9/19/09
Popular answer
A'kum..
  I've had the same problem with my third party blog templates ( 3 Column Blogger template 'Pepper' ) .  When I press the comment button , nothing happen .
Anyway here is the fix . Go to the settings ,then click on "Comments" and change the "comment form placement" to "pop-up window". Your reader
have to publish their comments on separate window . Hope this help.
158 of 180 people found this answer helpful. Did you?
Yes
No
 
Report abuse
rvaab
Level 1
9/28/09
i have already tried the "revert widget template" fix- it did not help.

others can post to my blog, but i cannot.

please help!
1 of 2 people found this answer helpful. Did you? 
Yes
No
Report abuse
justforhecks
Level 1
10/7/09
tnx emnj !  it worked for me too, I was beginning to get worried, happily this solution worked for me :-)
1 of 1 people found this answer helpful. Did you? 
Yes
No
Report abuse
preschoolmommy
Level 1
10/18/09
I tried "revert widgets to default template" and changing comments to a pop-up window and neither worked.  I need my readers to be able to comment and there is not even an option for them to click on to comment right now!  Help!  fcfmops.blogspot.com
Did you find this answer helpful?
Yes
No
 
Report abuse
Glamiva
Level 1
11/16/09
I had the same problem, tried the reverting and nothing happened. I was getting new template, so there goes my comment form- nothing happened and I found the solution. I got it from another site and it uses a really simple widget (paste it as a New Widget in your Layout, add New HTML).
 
Go to my blog, I explain better there. =) I hope I'm helping here. http://glamiva.blogspot.com/2009/10/easiest-comment-box-code.html
0 of 2 people found this answer helpful. Did you? 
Yes
No
Report abuse
DarkUFO
Top Contributor
Official Blog*Star
11/16/09
Make sure you have the comments option ticked/set in your Layout setting for the Blog Post edit link
References:
[1]
Screenshot(Images)
imagebin.ca
2 of 8 people found this answer helpful. Did you? 
Yes
No
Report abuse
vanessa.mason448
Level 1
1/15/10
help! when in the dashboard, I do not have a new post tab?
0 of 1 people found this answer helpful. Did you? 
Yes
No
Report abuse
Eta Uso
Level 1
2/5/10
The answer is as easy as ABC..... Under the Comments Form Placement; Select Pop up Window. If you select Embed Below Post, that were you will have the problem from. Problem Solved.
3 of 5 people found this answer helpful. Did you? 
Yes
No
Report abuse
versaillesdailyphoto
Level 2
2/5/10
OK, none of this is helpful for me.
 
I can't post comments on some blogs such as http://luxembourgdaily.blogspot.com/ and http://hebphoto.blogspot.com/
 
The comments box appears, other people can comment but I can't. I type my comment, then the word verification and yet my comment never appears amongst all the other's problems. Both are pop up comment windows.
 
On other blogs I do fine (that's (50+ blogs I leave comments on).
 
So it appears that the problem in my case isn't so much in the settings of people's blogs since othes leave comments but somewhere else.
 
Oh and I have already tried without my antivirus, no change. My browser is IE6.
My blogs are http://versaillesdailyphoto.blogspot.com/
http://marinagrenadinescieldequimper.blogspot.com/
http://hte-randomphotos.blogspot.com/
 
3 of 4 people found this answer helpful. Did you? 
Yes
No
Report abuse
travelingsuep
Level 1
2/8/10
I have the same problem as Versaillesdailyphoto.

I can't post comments on some blogs but other people can.

I can post on some blogs, mainly when it has a pop up box or goes to a new page to comment, but only occasionally when it's a box at the end of comments. Even when I googlefollow a blog, it doesn't mean I can leave a comment.

What should I do? Is it my firewall? My setup??

I follow many blogs and it's about 1/3rd I cannot post comments to.
0 of 1 people found this answer helpful. Did you? 
Yes
No
Report abuse
black.mindy
Level 1
2/11/10
I am in the same situation as travelingsuep. It's highly frustrating. I can't even post a comment to reply to readers on one of my own blogs. What's going on here and how do I fix it??
0 of 1 people found this answer helpful. Did you? 
Yes
No
Report abuse
Natasha2004
Level 1
2/12/10
I finally figured it out. Changing the settings like -emnj- made it so the posts I do now people can comment on but I couldn't figure out how to get it to change on the previous ones. So what I did was click on the edit icon for the post that no one could comment on. Then under the box I write in there is a part that says "Post Options". It's right above the orange "Publish Post" box. Click "Post Options" and click "allow comments". Presto change-o people can comment now.
 
Hope that helps someone else!
5 of 6 people found this answer helpful. Did you? 
Yes
No
Report abuse
lionel5302
Level 1
4/7/10
my blog has a problem that when i choose comment form displacement > embedded below post, when anonymous wants to post a comment, the word verification does not fully appear!
When a blogger (signed in account) posts a comment, it is ok!
Is there any methods that i can expand the comment box, so that the verification words can fully appear in the box!
Did you find this answer helpful?
Yes
No
 
Report abuse
dbsherri
Level 1
5/7/10
I am ready to lose my mind.  I have E7, and one of my blogs shows comments fine.  The other one, Jon Peterson's watermark, does not.
 
I haven't a clue how to add the code that's described....it isn't clear where in the long code it goes...and I do see something about comments in the code, but not what you have.
 
HELP
Did you find this answer helpful?
Yes
No
 
Report abuse
dbsherri
Level 1
5/7/10
Amd I have done everything here....I know about the options, and as i mentioned, it works fine on one of my blogs....just not jon peterson's watermark
Did you find this answer helpful?
Yes
No
 
Report abuse
MommyMelback
Level 1
5/16/10
This one worked for me: 


A'kum..
  I've had the same problem with my third party blog templates ( 3 Column Blogger template 'Pepper' ) .  When I press the comment button , nothing happen .
Anyway here is the fix . Go to the settings ,then click on "Comments" and change the "comment form placement" to "pop-up window". Your reader
have to publish their comments on separate window . Hope this help
1 of 1 people found this answer helpful. Did you? 
Yes
No
Report abuse
Matthdstaug
Level 1
9/18/10
 Don't overlook your 'Moderation' settings and your 'spam' box, of course. These are under yous 'comments' tab, and be sure to refresh the page to see the result after allowing or dis-allowing.
0 of 1 people found this answer helpful. Did you? 
Yes
No
Report abuse
Bigerrfish
Level 1
3/6/11
Was having all of these problems, and finally figured out what it was.... It was as easy as un-installing Internet Explorer 9 updade RC and reverting back to ie 8... its all good and now I can comment on blogs that dont have a pop up window,
Advise- for your own blog- switch to a pop window in the comments settings under  your own blog settings. This will help people who dont know that ie 9 is too new!
Did you find this answer helpful?
Yes
No
 
Report abuse
misteracacia
Level 1
5/18/11
I am unable to comment on http://jayrcelasecondlifetechnologist.blogspot.com/ using Firefox in Linux because there is no comment box presented. Using Chrome I can comment, but I'd rather use Firefox. I assume I'm missing something or have disabled something in Firefox, but I don't know what.
Did you find this answer helpful?
Yes
No
 
Report abuse

Post reply

Another discussion addresses this question. This discussion is closed to new replies.

Subscribe

Subscribe to the Feed feed for this discussion
Go to: 

0 komentar " ", Baca atau Masukkan Komentar

Post a Comment

Bantu dengan klik

Please Click Here!!